Hola! We are a Spanish center for kids and families who want to learn or already speak Spanish! Here at La Senda, our mission is to provide kids with a learning environment that makes them love Spanish. Our goal is to help learners develop intrinsic motivation by teaching them that Spanish is fun! We believe that helping kids find their own passion builds a healthy foundation for learning Spanish. We measure success based on a child’s eagerness to learn instead of their test score or memorization capabilities.
- Cultivate passion: We believe it is more important that kids grow a passion for learning Spanish instead of growing their vocabulary. Kids learn better when they are intrinsically motivated to learn, not when they are forced to learn.
- Grow community: We want kids to feel a sense of belonging, where they have role models and get to be role models. Everyone is at a different level, but has the same goal of celebrating their love for speaking Spanish.
- Practical teaching: When kids go on a family vacation to Mexico, they won’t be quizzed on how well they can translate a list of vocab words. Instead, they will use conversational phrases and read non-verbal cues. We want to equipt kids to use what they learn in the real world.
- Build confidence: The ability to speak Spanish means nothing if you don’t have the confidence to use that ability. We want to teach kids that it is okay to mess up and struggle. It is better to try and fail, than not try at all.
- Have fun: We want kids to enjoy learning Spanish so much that they don’t even realize they are learning. “They won’t remember everything you teach them, but they’ll remember how it made them feel.”